Saturday, April 28, 2012

Stalkers

I have one, and this frightens me a little.

How do I know this?

Simple. They (I use 'they' in a hopelessly pessimistic sense) got careless.

Out of my last 24 blog posts, an unknown person +1'd all but 4 of them.

Q.E.D.

Unfortunately, Google is a stalker-enabler; letting people anonymously like your posts. Creating victims like me.

Victimsssss, preciousssss. V-i-c-t-i-m-ssssss.

(awesome, now I'm creeping myself out)

The picture I choose for this post (ironically entitled How to Handle a Stalker), is a picture of a wild-eyed woman who has just discovered a creepy dude at 7 o'clock.

Whether her concern is due to his garlic breath, we shall never know.

But it begs the question. How does one handle a stalker? Especially a virtual online stalker?

As a computer geek, one might think I have all the answers.

I don't.

In fact, I'm not entirely sure where to start. I suppose I could turn off anonymous comments, but that would only serve to bury an unsolved mystery, and I can't have that.

So, clearly, the only proper thing to do is to try and discover who this mysterious stalker is. I have my means.

In the words of the great Sherlock Holmes:

When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Well said, sir. Well said.

So, the facts as they stand:

The four posts they did not +1 were:
  1. ECD
  2. Hindsight
  3. Yes, I Found Her
  4. Poetry
This leads me to several conclusions.

(skipping Hindsight because it implies a clear dislike of extra-sensory perception, and--obviously--the conclusions I can draw from that are foggy at best.)

My stalker does not attend ECD.

My stalker wasn't wild about my courtship.

My stalker dislikes poetry with ambiguous meaning.

Also, I can probably imply by all this that they don't follow my blog publicly (though I'm sure Edgar Allan Poe would have a thing or two to say about that).

My investigation--though inconclusive--continues. Be on your guard, Mr./Ms. Stalker. I'm on top of this.

+1 this post, and I will applaud your boldness, and maybe even donate a dollar to your favorite charity.

Until next time,
- Daniel

4 comments:

  1. 5 minutes? Seriously?

    :applauds and searches for checkbook:

    ReplyDelete
  2. By QED, I assume you mean Quantum Electro-Dynamics. Which *is* awesome, but frankly I don't see how it fits in context. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never would have thought of it that way... All of my latest posts have some secret +1er too... o_O :is seriously creeped out:

    ReplyDelete
  4. We should compare notes, Sarah. :wiggles eyebrows:

    Oh, and Q.E.D. = quod erat demonstrandum

    ReplyDelete