Sunday, January 1, 2012

Yes, I Found Her

I am courting.

No, that was not a typo.

(Besides, 'I am mourning' doesn't make any sense. What do you think I am? Emo?)

Just do it. Face the music and interpret that sentence at face value.

Improbable as the sentence 'I [Daniel] am courting' may be, it is true. I have found someone who I like very much and can't get off my mind.

Not to wax long, because such waxing tends to bore those not involved, but it was important I write this for two reasons:

First, a public announcement of courtship indicates the seriousness of the commitment. (i.e. I am trying to determine whether this woman is right for me, and she whether I am right for her.)

Second, it staves off embarrassing situations by making known who is interested in whom. This is mainly important for the lady involved, though it is not unheard of for the man to be on the receiving end of a proposal. (Yes, I know this first-hand. No, I am not going to elaborate on the subject.)

Now, as tempting as it may be to start quoting Timon and Pumbaa, fear not. I am not doomed. In fact, it could be that this courtship will be a very positive thing.

No, seriously. Despite my protests to the contrary, courtship can be a very good way to find the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Yes, I know I've made Josh Harris wisecracks in the past. I promise to find a way to make peace with the man.

In the meantime, stay tuned...

Oh, you want her name? Julia Horton.

Until next time,
- Daniel

5 comments:

  1. That's great! Congratulations to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I approve of this broadcast. ;)

    And thanks, Christi. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Julia~ LOL)

    I am so excited for you two! I hope you can squeeze us in for dinner and games at our place fairly soon!
    Oh right, who am I? : ) Friend of Julia's. She can tell you, hope to meet you soon.

    ReplyDelete