Thursday, December 1, 2011

Poetry

Veil of Pride

Why do I always ask the heart,
For leave to cherish it as art?
Why do I give it center stage,
While walking through this present age?

A question grim, a question drear,
You see me from a place of fear.
You know I speak the truth in love,
Yet hearts are hearts, and yours a dove.

Where are you now? Where is your face?
A scathing river hides that place.
I do not know, I cannot find,
A way to see or glimpse your mind.

This effervescent flow of pride,
Can I condemn, should I subside?
Its source is neither yours nor mine,
Yet both may use to draw the line.

Sorrow floods my pained soul,
Yet God is God, who makes me whole.
I shall not turn my back to you,
But ask for what will see me through.

The veil, if it holds, is just,
I do not question it, or us.
But He knows best, the truth He holds,
Let faith be key while life He molds.

~ D.S.

1 comment: