Friday, April 6, 2012

ECD

You think ECD stands for English Country Dancing.

So you've been told.

But really, when you're sashaying down the line to the bouncy strains of a vocalist with helium breath, deep down, you know it can't possibly stand for that.

Instead, I want to posit an alternative expansion. ECD actually stands for Ebullient Compulsive Disorder.

Ebullient brings to mind a vigorous boiling and bubbling. Kind of like the blisters on my feet after five rounds of Post Jig and three rounds of the Virginia Reel.

Compulsive brings to mind... er... :clears throat while checking the ECD Oregon page on Facebook... again:

...moving along....

Disorder is what I'll get if I do one more dip when I'm supposed to be diving. Permanent disability from the head trauma, that is...

...or if I get a particularly sadistic partner who decides to let go in the middle of a vicious two-handed turn. Same result.

Which reminds me. There's a good deal of trust in dancing.

Oh yeah, I'm doing a segue. Try and stop me. :maniacal laughter:

Dancing is like a trust fall with considerably larger force vectors in the XY plane. (translation: catch me or I become one with the pillar)

Dancing is like threading needles with hypersonic missiles.

Dancing is like finding the resonant frequency of wine glasses one story below the dance floor.

:cough:

But, you know, I guess Pride and Prejudice-type dancing grace is awesome too.

Aw Shucks.

Until next time,
- Daniel

(Kudos to Andrew E. for the brilliant alternate meaning of 'ECD')

1 comment: