Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Letters from Home

I received an envelope in the mail today, replete with a "2010 Census: Mail It Back" stamp on the front (thank you USPS... but I digress). Inside the envelope was a tri-authored note from home. My response(s) are as follows:

Grandma: Thank you for praying about my work. Pray also that I don't get a TV, because whenever I watch the Blazers, they lose.

Abigail: I miss you too, but I'll see you Thursday, so we'll remedy that problem shortly. Tell Dad that if the van's too light, he can pick up my dirty laundry to help weigh it down some.

Lydia: I love you too. By the way, your handwriting is so good, it's humiliating. See you Thursday.

Last night I found out that most of this week's math homework was canceled, which made me happy. On the flip side, I had done everything I could think to do (including eating) by 7:30, so I'm beginning to go stir-crazy (bad). As soon as I get my sneakers, I'm going for a 10-mile run, rain or no rain.

My three coworkers at HP are quite interesting. Two are recent college graduates (with a CS and CE degree, respectively). The third will be graduating this June with his EE degree. All of them are really smart cookies, and--just like me--expected to leave college and immediately get a software engineering job. It seems that brains and a good education aren't always enough to get what you want. Still, we all agree that work's work, and QA work is better than most (better than Lingo, in any case).

Signing off for now.

1 comment:

  1. "I'm going for a 10-mile run"
    um... seriously? wow thats a lot of running!
    I mean... of course, who doesn't run 10 miles! ;) lol

    ReplyDelete