Wednesday, April 21, 2010

First Day on the Job

Day #2 has come and gone, and I'm still alive.

No, actually, everything went just about perfectly today. I got up around 6:30am, had a leisurely shower and breakfast before undertaking the arduous 5-minute drive to HP. Most everybody there dresses very casually, so once I get my sneakers from home, I'll probably do likewise.

The work day at HP was... interesting... to say the least. I was left pretty much to my own devices all day, so I spent it coming up to speed on the technology. Basically, they had me printing 8x10" glossies all day long on $500,000 printers to get familiar with things. It's almost sacrilegious the way they use ink over there. If my initial thoughts are correct, this has the potential to be an interesting contract. It all depends on how close I can get to the test automation side of things (and away from manual testing).

After work I stopped by Fred Meyer to pick up the remaining supplies on my list. Took me forever to find the olives, butthe nice thing was that there happens to be an in-store Chase, so I was able to stock up on quarters without making an extra stop.

It's amazing how far a tank of gas goes in the city.

Until next time,

2 comments: