Monday, May 3, 2010

Update from The Front


I'll make this fairly brief, as I'm cramming for my MA528 final tomorrow.

As I mentioned in a prior note, at work I have access to a 5,000 megapixel printer. So, today at lunch I drove over to a city park, took a bunch of photos, and hightailed it back to HP for stitching. It took about an hour for Photoshop to merge all the photos into one colossal image file (1 GB to be exact). Thrilled, I loaded it onto my USB drive, and inserted it into the photo kiosk, only to see the following error: "Sorry, we don't allow pictures over 60 megapixels". Great, just great.

Let me get this straight. HP has assembled a truly impressive array of printing technology, capable of printing pictures at 5,000 megapixels, and they chose a 60 megapixel software limit? Understand this, I do not. It makes about as much sense as putting a 1,000 horsepower engine in a race car, then installing a 10 MPH speedometer. I may be a mere mortal test engineer, but I'm going to find out why this embarrassing limit was instituted, if it kills me.

No comments:

Post a Comment