Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving. "Be Thankful" is the order of the day. So, in the spirit of the season, I've compiled a list of 10 things I'm thankful for. They're in no particular order (which is good, as I wouldn't want you to get the impression that I rank socks over my buddy Nick).

Also, before I begin, there's a soap box here that needs a little lovin'...

Ah, much better. Being 7-feet tall has its perks. Start rant...

The only thing Turkey and Thanksgiving have in common is that they both start with the letter 'T' (and that the former is slaughtered en-masse in preparation for the latter.)

Not to sound too grumpy, because, after all, I heart an annual Tryptophan high just as much as the next carnivore. However, can we please lose the association that Thanksgiving = Turkey Dinner? Turkeys are to Thanksgiving what Santa Claus is to Christmas and what Bunnies are to Easter.

/rant

There, I feel better now...

So, with no further ado... just what could a paranoid, introverted homeschool grad be grateful for? Here goes...
  1. Socks
    For being warm, fluffy, and making it possible to run in freezing weather.

  2. I Kissed Dating Goodbye
    For making me feel more holy and pure (and doing nothing to help me choose the right girl.)

  3. Purdue
    For taking my money away so I couldn't do stupid things with it.

  4. Puppet Labs
    For giving me money so I could give it to Purdue so I couldn't do stupid things with it.

  5. English Country Dancing
    For disproving the common anatomical misconception that some people are born with two left feet.

  6. Apple Inc.
    For helping me end an era of pro-Microsoft bigotry. Oh yeah... and for being cool.

  7. Nick Morrissey
    For not dying (but unfortunately raising the suspicion that running with Daniel could end in premature death.)

  8. Stochastic Processes
    For making me feel like an idiot.

  9. Linear Algebra
    For not making me feel like an idiot.

  10. TriMet
    For dealing with traffic so I can focus on Jeeves and Wooster.
And there you have it. Nobody said I was the most orthodox person in the world. What are you thankful for?

Until next time,
- Daniel

3 comments:

  1. "For taking my money away so I couldn't do stupid things with it." lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeeves and Wooster--woohoo! Have you read Blandings Castle? Or Psmith?

    I'm thankful for laptops and word processors with search functions so that I know exactly how many times I've used the words 'then' and 'though.'

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, nice. I'll have to add those to my reading list. I'm a fan of dry comedy, if you haven't guessed.

    ReplyDelete